2019 Animale Pinot Noir


Out of stock

SKU 005228 Categories , Variety Vintage Country Region, Producer Features, , , Format750ml bottle


The fruit from the Yarra Station and Willowlake vineyards (51%) was fermented as whole bunches for approximately 14 days. After a few light stomps they were pressed together to stay on light lees in old barrels. The remaining 49% of fruit (from Beenak and Primavera) was completely de-stemmed and fermented for approx 22 days with a light pump over every day. They were then pressed to a mix of old and two-year-old French barriques. After two months, malolactic fermentation was complete and the wines were racked together as a blend then returned to barrel for a further few months to help vineyard characters to integrate with each other and make a complete wine. At the end of August the wine was racked lightly again to tank, prior to a light sulphur addition in preparation for bottling.
No fining or filtration.